Saturday, July 30, 2011

Divorce and the Disease.

Well, this is a post I've been avoiding for a long time.  To be perfectly honest, it's humiliating.  I have put on a "happy marriage" face for a long, long time and my blog has been no exception. It's been a rough few months to say the least.  I've been under a lot of stress and undergone a lot of heartache, as have my children and my soon-to-be ex-husband.  But I'm thankful to report that my symptoms have been surprisingly few for the amount of stress I've been under.  Getting used to life as a single mother, accepting the failure of my 9-year marriage, moving out of our beautiful home into a small apartment, and trying to figure out how to survive on what little money I have, among other things, has been incredibly difficult.  There are days where I just want to lay in bed and cry, and yet, my four precious children need me.  They need me to be strong, and positive, and courageous.  These sweet kids have kept me going.  They are my motivation...my purpose.  I am so blessed to have them. 
I have decided to return to the Swank diet.  I went on the Swank diet a few years ago because my neurologist thought it would help me.  I was on it for about 9 months.  And help me it did.  Then I got pregnant with Jonah, and never really went back to it.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the lifestyle, it's basically a fat free diet with a few other details.  There is plenty of info at http://www.swankmsdiet.org/.  Want to start together?  Join me!  Let me know how you're doing!  We can help each other. 

11 comments:

  1. Tobi, I'm sorry to hear. God bless you as you make these changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your honesty and courage in sharing these more challenging aspects of life that come our way (more often unshared) feel refreshing. Thank you. I wish you well in your journeying. Warmth, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong, and keep the faith..

    God bless

    Walter
    Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your saddness, I had no idea. One thing I do know is that when you've dealt with many hard things in life, they do not have to define the rest of your life. You're an amazing woman, don't forget that on the hard days. You and your family are loved, let me know if there is anything I can do, I mean it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have faith, you will overcome the difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry Toby. I hope you find peace soon.

    I want to warn you about the Swank diet. I know you've done it and researched it, but did you know your brain is 60% fat and with out good healthy fats your brain will not work properly. My aunt was very strict for 20 years on the Swank diet. Her brain seemed to be the first to go and my parents blame it one the lack of good fats. I urge you to watch "Fat Head", it is on Nexflix or at this link: http://www.hulu.com/fat-head
    You probably felt better on the swank diet because you were kicking out the bad veggie oils that cause too many problems to list, but it led to cravings and vitamin deficiencies. Yes, fat soluble vitamins, like vitamin D, A and E, need fats to help them be used.
    I also recommend "Eat Fat, Lose Fat" by Sally Fallon and her "Nourishing Traditions" book. I started this recently, I have been eating 2 tablespoons of coconut oil before every meal, my cravings for sweets are gone and my energy is improving. Our bodies need saturated fats, contrary to advertising and veggie oil funded studies.
    Another good website is www.foodrenegade.com

    All the best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tobi - You are one of the most beautiful women I know - beautiful in every way. I'm so sorry for all you and your kids are going through. All my love for you and them. Let me know if there is any way I can support you. Love and prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you Tobi. Wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tobi- I'm so sorry & wish you all the best! There isn't any shame in doing what's best for you and your children, in spite of what society says. I think you're fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.badassbutton.com/38db4024fafb476cb89b9fbcea5711d3

    Dear Toby,

    I understand what you've been through.But there's a solution, believe! Time to dry your tears! You're strong and you can do it. Wish you a very blessed day and see you on the "inside"!:-)

    ReplyDelete